Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nov 24 - Thanksgiving - Part 2***

Friday, November 24, 1972 - Page 329
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Anaheim

5:30 PM [...continued from previous entry]
Afterwards, while Dad was getting some sleep, Chunk & I went paddling in the down river canoe he & Joe have been practicing in. We went all around Lido Isle and returned by 8:15, after only a half hour. It was a clear nite and a fairly full moon was just rising redly. Anyway, Dad, Chunk, Me, & Mom ate the turkey dinner. I had hardly anything cause I was full of steak.

Winnie came by again after having a second dinner with her mother, and she & Chunk drove me over to L&M's. Larry returned, and after awhile, about 9:30, Dad & Lar & I & Mom drove to L&M's [at the Ivanhoe motel] and we stayed there for quite a while. About 10:30 P.M. a group of 100 people in two bus loads came -- the Chowchilla High School Football band. L&M were pretty busy, & we entertained ourselves watching the girls and things thru the closed circuit T.V. There's an intercom from the Apartment to the Lobby entrance outside where the camera is and Larry talked thru it to the girls and guys out there. It was a riot. Chunk & Winnie left early, and the rest of us departed at about 12:30. We got back, Dad left, and I showed Larry my fossils, then he left, and I got to sleep at around 2:00 A.M.

6:30 PM
Friday I got up at about 9:00, and I took a bath. Mom drove me to work, and she stayed there an hour, leaving about a quarter to 12:00 (so she must've been there more than an hour, since I got there 'bout 10:00), anyway, she talked to Lara a while. I watered plants, hosed the driveway, replaced an inaccessible light bulb, and helped the maid. A new one was hired -- Laura. She has experience, having worked at the Cosmic Age Motel. She was applying for the job when I returned to the Ivanhoe Wednesday.
New maid's previous job: Cosmic Age Lodge
1717 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, California
Anyway, all the feminine pulchritude enhanced the landscaping and the day was warm and sunny. The coke machine broke, so I wrote an "OUT OF ORDRE" sign for it. Ken arrived at one, so I was asked to leave, which I didn't mind doing. So mom came back to pick me up after being home just a half hour. We went to Canspec in L.A., and drove thru a few mobile home parks.

This report card here is explained on page 324. [That's November 19 where a note at the bottom says "At November 24 (a year from when it was sent) is a typical report card from school. Example of my great stupidity."]

I know this cheap carbon copy is very faint so I will repeat the info here:
LYDA III  GRADY - REPORT DATE 11/71 - GRADE 12
PERIOD - COURSE TITLE - "MARKS" - TEACHER
01 - BOYS PE 9-12 - "F"  GAGE J
02 - SEMANTICS - "NC"  MAUTHE A
03 - SOCIAL PROB - "F"  DONALD R
04 - SR MATH REV - "D"  ROSER G
05 - DRAMA 1-2 - "F"  LINDQUIST P
06 - PHYSIOL 1-2  "F"  ROBERTS D

I'd like to point out that these grades reflect the fact that I simply decided not to go to school anymore because it started too damned early. It was not worth interrupting my sleep. If you paid me, maybe I'd get my butt up at 7 or 8:AM, but school didn't pay, so why bother?

TOMORROW: Holiday Aftermath: Big motel cleanup

No comments: