Saturday, November 16, 2013

Nov 16 - Working thru a winter storm

Thursday, November 16, 1972 - Page 321
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(12:00:46 AM 11/16/1972 nite, 11/17/972 morn)
It rained very hard this morning and lasted thru a lot of the day. Mom got up at 4:00 A.M. to rescue L&M's boxed possessions in the soggy cabaña, so she stole my radio before I could get L&B on [that's Lohman & Barkley]. So I stayed in bed, catching the 8:00 bus. I painted the bathrooms, caulked the tubs, and set up the rooms, working from 9:40 to 5:40. The pool is very close to running over -- it rained abnormally heavy, and for a while there were high winds and thunder & lightning.

I caught the 6:30 OCTD. I was the only passenger so I talked to the bus driver, Dave, all during the trip. Usually there are two or three passengers on that route at that time -- last bus of the day. Got home and watched T.V. -- saw "In Cold Blood," a controversial movie that came out in 1967. Mom cashed my check so tomorrow I'll go deposit it in the bank. I left "2250 AD" at the Ivanhoe unintentionally so I'm not sure what page I'm on -- 102 I think. Can't think of much else that happened today -- so that's it. I'm goin' to sleep (12:10:45 A.M., 11-17 morn)
1967 Original U.S. Theatrical Poster
TOMORROW: L&M's day off at The Ivanhoe

No comments: