Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nov 07 - ELECTION DAY: Dick was The One in 68 & a Bigger One in 72

Tuesday, November 7, 1972 - Page 312
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
7:00 PM
I worked Tuesday till 2:00 P.M., painting the second room, mowing the lawn and completing several other chores. I decided to buy the Ivanhoe Krowse car (the price got down to $300.00), partly due to the suggestion Mike made that Ernie would grant a more healthy raise by the first of next month if I possessed some reliable transportation so I could get there on time instead of being late, which has been the case recently. I got to page 430 in The Magus.

Got home around 5:00 P.M. Mom got home around 5:30, and left to work at the polls from 6 to 8. Today's election day ya know, and, of course, Nixon's gonna win. Nixon was the One in '68 -- He'll be a bigger One in '72. Anyway, to break my fast, I had a big bowl of ice cream, a slice of pie, a glass of milk, and a few french fries. When mom returns from doing her duty she'll bring some more food for my voracious jaws. That's about all. ---

9:48:48 PM
Nixon's the one for sure. He gave his victory speech at 9:30. He may have won by the greatest margin ever. A landslide, as it were. McGovern really got clobbered. [See my encounter with George McGovern and his security team here: July 17 - Pranking McGovern's Secret Service] So much for the next four years. Then it'll pro'ly be between Agnew and Kennedy. Till then, the great American institution (Viet Nam) continues. Rah rah!

TOMORROW: Phonebooks: Out with the old, in with the new

No comments: