Friday, January 4, 2013

Jan 04 - Tomorrow's going to be rough

Monday, January 4, 1972
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

Today has been a bit aggravating. Last night, Dad said he wouldn't let me drive without the car being insured, but today Mom let me have the car from noon to four, because she's a nice person and because she already promised.
First I drove to school [Newport Harbor High] where I saw the old gang again and I notified them of my intentions -- then I went to Sea Schwinn where I let Dave have my Campi frame, because I didn't have time to sell it. From there I went to the Antique shop, and Betty tried to sell me another goddam radio -- I said I'd think about it, and hurriedly departed, remembering that I'd forgot my money. I was supposed to go back there today, but time ran out.

I returned to school to get Matt so we could go to the Antique shop, but I ran into Shawna -- that resulted in me being side trapped tracked into a trip to Jerry's house (the guy wasn't in), a trip to Sea Schwinn (to ask for a letter of Recommendation from Ed, and to find out about poor sick old Jerry, who is staying at Dale's house), then I went to the bank (with Shawna), withdrew $306.00 and finally (after several hints from Shawna) I went to Grandlydia [my mobile home "estate"] where I attempted to seduce the young lady, and that resulted in a date for tomorrow night. Tomorrow is going to be rough. We're leaving tomorrow.

I visited Matt after going to Grandlydia, and I learned that we've got a passenger on the trip: Dan Huntzinger. That makes three of us, and I've only got $306.00. It'll be almost impossible for me to get the car tomorrow, but if I can manage,  Jan. 5 better go something like this:

I drive Mom to work at 7:30, I go home and pack my garbage in the car and leave a note to my parents explaining my crime, then I go to Coco's to meet Matt and Dan to discuss this whole mess, go to school at lunch to see Meg for my story, go to the Antique place to pick up my glasses (or I'll forget the whole thing and let them keep the five dollar deposit), and after I don't pick up Mom from work, I can go get Shawna and we go someplace to engage in lewd and immoral activities (I've gotta have her back by 10:00 P.M. though), then I wait around for a long time before going to Matt's house to park the car -- then we take off for good. Theoretically... let's see how wrong I am.

Boy! Tomorrow's going to be rough!

No comments: