Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Jan 22 - Unpacking into normalcy

Saturday, January 22, 1972
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

(12:00 PM 1/23/72)
Mom & I went in the Cougar to Matt's house at 2:15 to get the Imperial. Matt and I unpacked his stuff from the trunk and put it inside. We din't have to put his stuff away because he'll be moving it all to his dad's house soon. I saw Rick Strom while Matt was moving the car to the back alley. Strom (who was in Junior High same time I was) was surprised to hear we'd just got back from South Dakota.

Anyway, Mom and I left shortly after I finished unloading the car -- I drove the Imperial home, and she followed in the Cougar. I took my stuff out of the car and put it all in my room. Later, we went to see "Star Spangled Girl" (a movie made from a Neil Simon play, which I realized Mrs. Lindquist had read to us in Drama) and "Paint Your Wagon" (the last half of which we missed due to fog) at the Stadium Theater (Screen II). We didn't get passes to see the last half of "PYW" because I'd thrown away the ticket stubs -- they didn't give passes to anyone unless they'd kept their stubs. In this clever manner, the theater didn't lose too much money on free tickets. Grossly unfair, of course.

NOTE HOW I'M NOT BOTHERING TO FINISH COVERING THE ENTIRE PAGE.
PERHAPS THAT HAS SOME PSYCHOLOGICAL SIGNIFICANCE.
PERHAPS NOT...

No comments: