Thursday, October 31, 2013

Oct 31 - At work during Halloween**

Tuesday, October 31, 1972 - Page 305
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
Grady, age 10, with best friend Frank at the 
Movieland Wax Museum, Buena Park, CA
HAPPY HALLOWEEN
(1:00:56 AM 11/1/1972 Wednesday)
Groggily got myself up at 9:00 A.M. Got to work almost immediately by vacuuming the pool. It was fairly warm today but the past two days have been quite cold. Winter is upon us. By the way, Daylight Savings Time or whatever it's called happened Saturday night (Sunday morn) at 2:00 A.M. so we gained an hour somewhere. Starts gettin' dark at 5:30 nowadays. Nowaday happens to be Halloween, incidentally, and if it wasn't so late I might do something to celebrate it. Much of my youth was spent as a monster fan and I still look into the occult every now and then. But alas, the old creative juices just ain't flowin'.
November 1972 issue of
Famous MONSTERS of Filmland
Finished up rooms 209, 210, and 211 today -- just have to do some touch up paint tomorrow and it'll all be finished. I gave Mark back his books and gave him fifteen dollars to buy me copies. I quit work about 5:00, got my check, scooped up some candy they had on their counter for Trick or Treaters, and departed. Got the RTD bus at about 10 to 6, got the OCTD at about 6:30 I guess. Got home around 7:30, walking from the Arches cause I couldn't get in touch with mom.

I had got a letter from Greg -- he's been to Chicago and visited Sue & Phredee Phrogg. The day he got there, Sue broke up with Marcus. If she writes back to me, she'll pro'ly have a lot to say about how things're goin'. Got the Time Life book of the "Emergence of Man" series. It's titled Life Before Man and has the latest data on dinosaurs I'll have to catch up on. I've been reading The Magus pretty regularly and I'm now on chapter 40, page 242. That'll do it for this entry I guess.
Life Before Man, first in the TIME/LIFE series
"The Emergence of Man"
TOMORROW: Yikes! Car horn goes off at 4:45 AM

No comments: