Sunday, October 27, 2013

Oct 27 - Late buses, hitching, a long confusing walk and a horse**

Friday, October 27, 1972 - Page 301
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(11:56 AM 10/28/1972 Saturday)
Got up at 9:00 and took a bath. I got the 11:00 A.M. bus and took it to Westcliff Plaza where I got a haircut. I've been needing one for quite awhile. Got the bus at noon and rode to Santa Ana where I got the bus to L.A. and got off at Town and Country Shopping Center. Went to the Eye Catcher to get my glasses fixed (a screw was missing from the right hinge, the frame was so loose the right lens fell out occasionally and the nose pad was gone, among other flaws). I made an appointment for contact lenses Tuesday at 4:00, but I'll have to change it cause I'd need half the price ($200.00 complete charge) when I went for the appointment. So I'll have to wait till I get a hundred bucks.

I waited for the bus, it took so long I stuck out my thumb and got a ride to a place way up Main street where there weren't any cars or phones. So I walked. I came across Orangewood which I knew intersected with Harbor, so I walked along it for a long time (I met a horse -- that's how far out the place was -- and it followed me until a fence stopped it). I bumped into the freeway, followed a train track that went under the freeway, and waited at the bus stop in front of the Holiday Inn. After walking about 5 miles, I wanted to take the bus. It appeared in a half hour, and I got to the Ivanhoe at 3:00.

At work I shampooed rugs till 7:00. I borrowed 5 text books from Mark's evolution class and I'll get him to buy me them all. Great reference material. Mom came to pick me up at the Ivanhoe. Watched T.V., went to sleep.

TOMORROW: Artwork

No comments: