Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oct 01 - Big bridge party for mom tomorrow

Sunday, October 1, 1972 - Page 275
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

11:21:50 PM
Woke up about 10:00. Devoted the entire day to filling page 266 [September 22]. Read the preceding hundred pages, and wrote a couple of drafts and after I finish this I'll get it written down in the book. Mom did a great cleaning job of the house because tomorrow Mom's gang is coming here, to the Grand Shoebox, to play Bridge. I'll have to figure out some place to go till 1:00 A.M. tomorrow.

I did the dishes at 3:00, mom made a big steak dinner. Watched the Sunday T.V. shows. Saw "The Protectors," and it turned out to be a British show -- ergo, lousy. That's my other prejudice. I have only two: I'm prejudiced against people who smoke cigarets (it denotes a weak character, I feel), & I've never seen a well done British production (Britain is an example of a truly decadent society, and it's reflected in their shows). It's now 11:28:28. Now to page 266. That'll take awhile.

TOMORROW: A job offer for $50 per week

No comments: