Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct 12 - Something Wicked Comes This Way

Thursday, October 12, 1972 - Page 286
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

COLUMBUS DAY

11:42:24 PM
Spent the entire day (9:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.) painting rooms. Am now working on 201, 202, & 203. We've gotta have 'em finished by Friday to stay on schedule so it's up to me to have them painted. Nobody was there but me, him, her and (from 4 to 5:30) Angela. Was the maid's day off. Linda starts tomorrow or Monday or something.

I got mom to pick me up at 7:30. Watched T.V. and took a bath (I was bespeckled with paint). Finished reading all the stories in Star Trek 7 (I've been reading it in transit and during lunch break -- by the way, didn't bother to take the break today. I never eat anyway).

Gotta find another book -- only one I could dig up was a Bradbury (Something Wicked This Way Comes). I hope it's not his typical lousy writing. That's all for now.
Dust-jacket art by Gray Foy from 1962 first edition

Bradbury wrote the screenplay for the 1983 movie
Theatrical release poster by David Grove (wikipedia info)
TOMORROW: 1st Black President: James Earl Jones

No comments: