Sunday, October 20, 2013

Oct 20 - OUT: African Elephant - IN: King Elephant

Friday, October 20, 1972 - Page 294
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
(3:45 AM 10/22/1972)
Got the 9:00 A.M. bus to work. Mary had finished painting the frames in the first room and was staining the doors. I commenced putting everything back while she frame-painted the second -- the third din't need it. So while she was cleaning the first, I was setting up the second. I finished and took my lunch break around 3:30. Thursday I took my break about the same time and had lunch at the "hamburger house" on the corner, spending $2 for the food. Friday tho I din't eat.

It rained a while Friday but I was inside working and din't notice. Mark showed up about 3:30 and he & me set up the last room. I did various maintenance work, then mom got me and we drove to the Paulo to see "King Elephant" (a wildlife picture we'd seen a year ago when it was called "African Elephant" [IMDb info] ). The second feature was "Treasure Island," with Orson Welles. Got back around 10:45.
Australian DVD Cover (wikipedia info)
Worked on my Tempus Fugitives story. Due to my job I pro'ly won't get it finished this year, but sometime early in '73 it'll get published, hopefully in Analog, I'm sure. Despite my inept writing and rambling plot, I've got a good story and it'll sell. Really. I usually work on it in my spare time and carry a note pad to jot down ideas while at work. I'm not forgetting it and it is still my foremost project. But it'll take time to complete. [In fact, the first episode of Tempus Fugitives was published as a comic in Issue 11 of Star*Reach magazine, December 1977 (info), with art and story by me]

TOMORROW: Working on Tempus Fugitives

No comments: