Monday, April 8, 2013

Apr 08 - "...plenty of stories gestating"

Saturday, April 8, 1972 - Page 99
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

2:30 PM
F&SF showed me their rejection slip, for Demigod's Demise. They answered fairly soon. My collection is growing -- whoopee! I'm a writer.
Front of Rejection Letter
Back of Rejection Letter
8:00 PM
I'm reading "I Sing the Body Electric" by Bradbury to get the mood for a story I've thought of (Type Righter), and I'm sure I don't like his writing (I don't like my writing either).
Cover of the first edition, 1969
I'm going to make a valiant effort to clean up and organize my room tonight & tomorrow, then start writing. I've got plenty of stories gestating now: "B4 The Beginning," "The Blood Lust Biz," "Type Righter," "Time Fall," "Same Old Thing," "Morrison Epic," and "Tempus Fugitives." I've got a lot of plots to play with, I've just gotta write the damn things. The photo below is one taken from the Apr. 6 excursion -- 'nother example of back bay's wild life. On page 80 [March 20] is another shot, of a Shoal sign with a sea gull flying off it.
8:30 PM
(Incidentally, the three comic episodes that appeared on pages 42, 43, & 59 [February 11, 12 & 28] were put in a few moments ago. Just mentioned it to keep time unwarped.)

No comments: