Sunday, April 7, 2013

Apr 07 - Restricted: Waterfowl Nesting Area

Friday, April 7, 1972 - Page 98
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

12:00 PM
Got up at 11:30, and the only mail that came was for me -- samples from Read Magazine. They came in second for promptness. Mailed me back my S.A.S.E. [Self Addressed Stamped Envelope] (stamp unused), and a nice type-written letter thanking me, and a big sheet of their Fiction Specifications, along with three samples of Read. I'd better read them.

4:00 PM
I went out in the kayak at 'bout 1:30, and I just got back. I found a big fish (Pacific Sea Bass, methinks -- 2 feet long) floating on the surface of the bay by an air bubble in its gut. I put it on the kayak, and paddled to a beach full of birds, threw him on it, and paddled away. Almost immediately a flock of gulls gathered above it, but went away, thinking it was too easy. But one lone brown bird approached it and pecked at it cautiously. Next time I'm out I'll see what condition it's in. The tide was pretty high, and there was a channel through the island, so I paddled through it into the private waters of Bayside Village. On that side of the island are a lot of signs that say "Restricted Area -- Waterfowl Nesting Area, March 1 to April 30 -- No Trespassing." Maybe I'll trespass it some time.

11:48:22 PM
I started reading the Read magazine. Then, at 6:00, Mom & I went to the Paulo to see "Anne of a Thousand Days" (Again), & "Mary, Queen of Scotts." Got home at 11:30. It is now 11:50:35 P.M. ---- Finis.
Original Poster: Anne of the Thousand Days - 1969
Original Poster: Mary, Queen of Scots - 1971

No comments: