Thursday, April 11, 2013

Apr 11 - Home improvements

Tuesday, April 11, 1972 - Page 102
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

8:00 PM
Got up at 10:00 A.M. (unusually early for me), and did some organizing of my room which will continue on the morrow. I rearranged the Radio, Lil' Lamp and digital Clock combo on my right, getting the wires sorted, wound and held in place out of sight by a cardboard shelf I made. Washed my muddy leather old shoes today (muddy since last kayak venture), and while looking for a hose out back found the stereo phonograph player, and brought it in. I dug out the old records from the Cabana (also found the "Wisdom" magazines which I must read sometime, and a few magazines which I plundered), placed the record player in the attic with an extension cord, and put the remote speakers above my head. The thing still works. Maybe I'll get Gold's assistance in making it better & compiling reasonable records. Besides that, the place is still a mess. I wrote a letter to Soozwol to check about my last letter which mightn't've gotten through. For the past two days it's been overcast & threatening to rain, but nights have been crystal clear.

[TIME-JUMP INTO THE PAST: News from this day in 1971]
Last year on this date was Easter Sunday, and Mom & Me set out for the Statue of Liberty, but the dreaded subway monster separated us, and I proceeded to get hopelessly lost in the labyrinth of underground Manhattan. Finally made it back to our hotel by 7:00 P.M. after being lost for five or six hours.

No comments: