Saturday, April 6, 2013

Apr 06 - My Polaroid photography

Thursday, April 6, 1972 - Page 97
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

5:30 PM
Got an answer to one of the 7 inquiries I sent out -- Cavalcade wrote back after 8 days. That's the winner. But I haven't got a free sample copy of it yet. And the stamp on the return envelope was uncancelled, so I didn't lose any money on that deal. I went out today in my trusty kayak (It was clear and sunny, as opposed to yesterday). I took the camera along and took a few shots, using up the rest of the first film cartridge, and all of the second.

The best picture is on page 96 [April 5], and that came out good because of the accident with the sun. On the shore where I took that sun beam shot were a McGovern type man with his son, so I took a couple of pix of them (my last two shots), one of him & the kid, and one just of the kid. Then came back home -- I started out at 12:30, and returned at 5:30. I saw some huge birds, the size of egrets, that I tried to shoot but only got one, shown on page 83 [March 23]. It flew away. The other picture on page 83 I took in my room with the first shot in the camera when I got it on Apr. 3. Today Mom & I are going to the Purple Onion... to be continued.

10:30:00 PM
L & M came over 'bout 6:30 or 7, and it took Mike about an hour to find the place. It was the Purple Lion, and we went to it because Mom & L&M have discount cards for it -- 50% off. We had a good time & laughed a whole heck of alot. Got home by 9:30 (I had a top sirloin steak, and Mike had Chicken Corden Bleu). Mike said he & me will go to L.V. the first Tuesday in May. 10:33:00 P.M. --- Finis

No comments: