Friday, April 12, 2013

Apr 12 - Continued organizing my room

Wednesday, April 12, 1972 - Page 103
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

8:00 PM
Last night when mom returned from dad's for the blanket Larry had borrowed, she brought a letter for me dad had received. It was the letter I sent to "Mount To The Stars!" inquiring about requirements -- It was returned unopened, "Not Here, Address Unknown." So I guess I'll get back the story I sent to them. I got up today at about 10:30 A.M. It was a sunny day but too cool to go out, so I stayed in and worked on my room, getting slightly more organized. I rearranged some of the drawers, pillaged some magazines for photos, which I'll have to categorize, and I listened to the Time-Life Records production of TO THE MOON of 1970 on the record player I've moved into the attic. It was 6 hours long.

Pretty soon this room will be beauteous and perfect once more and I'll be able to turn my talents to the 7 stories that now are almost hibernating. Some time I've gotta start plugging away steadily at them -- writing can't be sporadic, it has to be regular. Some time I'll get to it. Some time. Eventually. Soon. Er or later.

[TIME-JUMP INTO THE PAST: News from this day in 1971]
Last year at this date we were spending the final day in NY, visiting the Statue of Liberty and various museums. On Apr. 13, 1971 we would be boarding the plane and flying to Denmark.
September 26, 1972: President Nixon visits the statue
to open the American Museum of Immigration.
11:02:37 PM
Washed the dishes whilst watching the NBC MYSTERY MOVIE and NIGHT GALLERY. Chunk came over during that to take care of the paper work on the Barracuda. He's about to be fired (he's an insurance liability 'cause of his tickets) at the 76 station, so he's looking for a job. 11:04:45 P.M. FINIS

No comments: