Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nov 03 - Cal State Fullerton textbooks**

Friday, November 3, 1972 - Page 308
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(2:00 PM 11/5/1972)
Got to work at 9:30. Painted till about 3:00 or 3:30. Finished painting all of the first room, with Linda & Mary the detail work on the next two rooms was nearly completed. Mark came by with the books (receipt above), and left real soon. He didn't want to work, which is fine because there was no plastering to be done. The books, in order of number of pages, are "Man" by Richard Harrison & William Montagna (that was the one with the attractively nude gal who came after the lemurs, monkeys, and gorillas. But it was a new edition. Everything else was the same about the book, except that picture of the girl. It was replaced with the picture of a dumpy looking broad with no appeal at all. A bitter disappointment. I protest), "The Age of the Dinosaurs" by Björn Kurtén, "Evolution" by Jay Savage, and "The History of Life" by A. Lee McAlester (both 152 pages long.)

There was a fifth book, a technical work about the mechanics of evolution but the $15.00 I gave Mark wouldn't have covered it and he wasn't sure I wanted it. I got about $1.25 back in change. I left after he left -- I was only supposed to work for 4 hours Friday but I waited for him, and finished a room in the process. I got off the Santa Ana bound RTD and got off at Town & Country, going to the Eye Catcher to get my glasses fixed again -- I had put them in my pocket while painting and a screw in the frame had broken, and the right lens had fallen out again. I got a case from him after he fixed them, and got the RTD to Santa Ana, then got the 4:30 OCTD to The Arches, getting home at 5:15 (got to the Arches at 5:15 -- takes me a half hour to get home from there) --

TOMORROW: "Money has a way of disappearing"

No comments: