Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Nov 06 - A food-free day

Monday, November 6, 1972 - Page 311
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(6:30 PM 11/7/1972)
Mom stayed home from work thinking she had the flu. I got on the 8:00 A.M. bus and got to work about 9:30. I did the work mentioned on the card [in my sister's handwriting this time], and I took a long long time to rearrange the maintenance room. I took everything out, patched all the holes, and painted the whole room. Then I threw out inconsequentials and put everything back, finishing at 7:30. So that's how my 4 hour day went. Mom was having bridge at her house Monday, so Mike let me stay in 113 again. I took a bath, watched TV and read The Magus. Got to sleep at around 12:00 or 12:30, having not eaten anything since Sunday's dinner, except three sticks of bubble gum, a soft drink and a few glasses of water. And I wasn't ravenously hungry, which proves, I think, that regular eating is more a force of habit than a necessity.

TOMORROW: ELECTION DAY: Dick was The One in 68 & a Bigger One in 72

No comments: