Thursday, November 28, 2013

Nov 28 - Missed the bus home again

Tuesday, November 28, 1972 - Page 333
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

(2:00 PM 12/9/1972)
I got up at 8:30 and walked to the nearest definite bus stop, 17th and Orange two or three miles away. Got there at 10:00 and was at work by 11:45. The days were warm recently -- I vacuumed the pool and cleaned up some trash. Tuesday was a Ken day, and he did some work, then helped me with the latest rooms. I stained doors and he cleaned walls -- I wouldn't have to paint them because they already were clean enuff.

I quit at 6 but I managed to miss the bus. For 45 minutes mom's line was busy -- I assumed it was off the hook. Occasionally when it was replaced it was slightly ajar, so it seemed busy. I stayed there, reading my book, waiting for mom to call to ask why I wasn't home. But Laramée finally managed to reach her -- the line had been busy. She was talking to dad about the trailer. The paper said... Well, I'll get to that later.

Mom came & picked me up -- got home at 8:30. She went to see "Butterflies Are Free," but I stayed home. The night got foggy. Was on page 110 in the Dino book.
Original 1972 Theatrical Poster
TOMORROW: Newspaper: Trailer park violations

No comments: