Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Nov 27 - Stayed overnight at Chuck's apartment

Monday, November 27, 1972 - Page 332
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim
(12:00 PM 12/9/1972)
I got the 10:00 bus, and reached the Ivanhoe at about 12:00 -- there was alot of traffic for the RTD. The major thing I did that day was fix the light bulb for the Ivanhoe sign. I had to replace the socket in the fixture. I didn't know anything about electricity till I started working there. Mike was getting ready to take his Kawasaki 750 out to exercise it and recharge the battery, so I asked him to drive me home. His speed was usually 75 miles an hour and I was just holding on by the short bar on the back -- I couldn't hold onto him cause he'd just waxed the seat and would slip off.

We got to Eye Sore Park just as Chunk and Joe arrived in Joe's van. After talking some, Mike left and Chunk & Joe went paddling. I didn't realize it but mom was gonna have the bridge game there, so when Chunk & Joe drove away I went with them. They made a few stops -- once to pick up Joe's father at the beach (he only speaks Czechoslovakian), and they also stopped to talk with a kayak maker on Lido. Got to Chunk's about 7:00 and Joe left after a few minutes.

Chunk & I played chess -- won one, lost second. Murray came over unannounced. I beat him twice in one game, then he beat me in the second, and I was winning the third but he quit. Watched T.V. alot -- Laff-in, the Rookies, and the New Bill Cosby show. Bob Kirkeby called, then came over -- he and Chunk then went out scuba diving about 10:00 P.M. Murray left a quarter hour later, and I got to sleep about 11:30, sleeping on the couch in Chunk's mummy sleeping bag. Chunk returned about 1:45 A.M. He din't get any lobsters like he wanted however.

TOMORROW: Missed the bus home again

No comments: