Saturday, July 20, 2013

Jul 20 - Arriving in Chicagoland

Thursday, July 20, 1972 - Page 202
LOCATION: Chicago
Photo of Chicago album 1972
Chicago - Dialogue Part I & II (1972) -- Hear it now: Shelf3D.com
Will you try to change things?
Use the power that you have, the power of a million new ideas
What is this power you speak of and this need for things to change?
I always thought that everything was fine... everything is fine
Don't you feel repression just closing in around?
No, the campus here is very, very free
Don't it make you angry the way war is dragging on?
Well, I hope the president knows what he's into, I don't know... 
Oooh, I just don't know
Don't you see starvation in the city where you live
All the needless hunger, all the needless pain?
I haven't been there lately, the country is so fine
My neighbors don't seem hungry 'cause they haven't got the time... 
haven't got the time...

(9:00 PM 7/29/1972)
(Between the beginning of the last sentence and the end, Mrs. Latka gave me a game -- the Labirynth, which consumed a great deal of my time [see July 29]) -- On with the notes:

Woke up on the floor, and we went to eat breakfast. Afterwards I called mom on the hotel phone, then we left. During most of the trip, Ken drove, & Me, Sue, and Mrs were in the back seat. She & me slept most of the time (I never really slept tho).

We got into Chi about 9:00 or 9:30 P.M. It was very hot and muggy. Mark & Larry came over for a little while, and left at about 11:30. Larry & Mark are the two other guys in Ken's band -- Mark is the leader. He's also going steady with Soo, and therefore hates my guts -- this would become apparent as the days went on -- Ken's air conditioner was busted so it was very warm in his room (approx 95°). I slept on the cot, and Ken slept on the bed (I insisted).

Note from Sue

TOMORROW: Rock band Styx performs at High School dance

No comments: