Monday, November 11, 2013

Nov 11 - When Kung Fu was new

Saturday, November 11, 1972 - Page 316
LOCATION: Newport Beach, CA

2:00 PM
Last night it began raining, and by about 5:00 A.M. the water came down in torrents like a monsoon in a hurricane. When I woke up around 11:00 the sky was purely clear but the wind is still strong. One of the trailers has a flag flying over it -- it's been torn in half by the wind so the star spangled square has no stripes in front of it. I went out for the mail which included a box of 12 bottles of wine. I bought some food at the liquor store. I finished reading The Magus not long ago -- it was 604 pages long. Now I'll havta find a new book to read next week. After I finish eating I'm going to get to work on Tempus Fugitives. That's all for now, 1:53:25 --

(11:06 PM 11/13/1972)
Just for the record: about a week ago I put a few sheets of aluminum foil around my rubber band ball (a collection of rubber bands forming a 5 1/2 inch ball of solid rubber -- 15 1/2 inches in diameter). So now I'll see how long it takes to hide the foil in rubber bands -- also for the belated record, about a month or a little more ago, the burn marks on my finger tips healed completely, so now you can barely tell where they were.
Original 1956 theatrical poster (wikipedia info)
Did little besides work on research for T.F. An old classic motion picture, "Giant," starring Liz Taylor, Rock Hudson, & James Dean, was on Saturday nite, the first half at least. Saw Kung Fu, a superlative new series full of Chinese philosophical survival techniques (like slapping a swarm of arrows out of the way before they hit you) -- Larry in Chicago was lauding the pilot movie of Kung Fu, and unfortunately I missed it when it was rerun there. That's all for Saturday, methinks.


TOMORROW: Tempus Fugitives: My ticket to success

No comments: