Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Jul 31 - A $10 bill in the mail -- HOORAY!**

Monday, July 31, 1972 - Page 213
LOCATION: Chicago
Photo of journal page showing pictures of Sue Latka
The pics on this page were actually taken earlier in
July when Sue was at Bethlehem, South Dakota 
(7:00 PM 8/1/1972)
Larry & Mark dropped by to see my sketch and they were satisfied if not impressed. Read Niven's story in the anthology -- he's still my favorite writer (he writes exactly like me -- I like him anyway). More happened on Monday but I can't recall what -- oh yeah, I got a letter from mom -- plus $10. That's helpful. I offered to paint an octopus on Ken's helmet. I'll be pretty busy here, artistically speaking.

FUN FACTS: UNITED STATES TEN-DOLLAR BILL (wikipedia)
Photo of ten-dollar bill
A 10-dollar bill in 1972 would be equal to $56.50 in 2014 dollars.
Thanks mom! calculation

COUNTERFEITERS BEWARE
Photo of Security features on 10-dollar bill
The redesigned 10-dollar bill entered circulation on March 2, 2006
Photo of features in the redesigned $20 bill
TOMORROW: Being an artist

No comments: