Saturday, July 27, 2013

Jul 27 - Learning the bus routes**

Thursday, July 27, 1972 - Page 209
LOCATION: Chicago

DELIGHTFULLY SUBVERSIVE
MUSIC VIDEO: Alice Cooper "School's Out" (BBC 1972)

Photo of School's Out album by Alice Cooper
The original album sleeve opened like an old wooden school desk
with the vinyl record inside wrapped in a pair of girl's underpants


Photo of School's Out album with pantie-wrapped record

(10:30 PM 7/29/1972)
Mrs. Latka drove me to the Field Muse, before she went to work, at around 9:00 A.M. (She went to work for a day at the School she works at -- she owed them a day).  I concentrated on the Prehistoric area, and obtained some post cards. I left at 4, tho the place closes at 6. I had to take the bus back -- Mrs. had written down the routes I would take, and I managed fairly well (not too well, tho), and got back by 6:00.

I ate and went out to trim the grass -- conscientious soul that I are. Then Ken, Me, & Larry went to a shopping center so Larry could buy the new Chi Chan Chong (???) album. Ken bought Alice Cooper's "School's Out" album. I bought a battery for my watch, plus a pin for my watch band (I had broken it the day before), and I bought an S.F. anthology. We drove around for a while -- went to McDonald's. Marcus was over again, and as usual we ignored each other.
TOMORROW: Larry breaks a hostile thug's leg

No comments: