Sunday, July 28, 2013

Jul 28 - Larry breaks a thug's leg**

Friday, July 28, 1972 - Page 210
LOCATION: Chicago
Photo of Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago
Field Museum of Natural History
Photo of Shedd Aquarium, Chicago
Shedd Aquarium
(10:30 PM 7/29/1972)
Got up at around 9:30. I got Mom's letter today. Ken & I drove to the store to put in his movie film from his vacation. I bought a roll of film cause he loaned me his Kodak Instimatic. Then he drove me to the Field Muse -- I took a few pictures, went through the mammals & birds, went to the Shedd Aquarium, took the bus back home. While waiting for the bus at Shedd, I helped a Black tow-truck driver find Roosevelt Drive. On the last bus transfer on Kedzie I met a University student and we talked till I got off at 81st. I learned conclusively that it's impossible to safely drive a car into a tornado (that alters one of my plots in Time Fall).

Got home at 10:00 P.M. Everyone had been worried. I ate, and Peggy and I talked some more in my room -- she drops by whenever I'm in my room alone. I listened to a recording Joan (Peg's friend) had made for her 21st birthday. It was funny.

Larry & Ken came back with a Pizza (a guy started getting mean with Larry while Ken was getting the Pizza -- so Larry broke his leg with a karate kick -- Ken came out with the pizza and kicked the guy's friend in an uncouth area, and they quickly departed. Larry was very shook up about it). I had a piece of pizza and left -- Marcus was in the room. [Larry was a gentle, kind human being -- and he'd also had extensive formal karate training. It was a bad idea to pick a fight with this guy. Karate experts don't fight -- they instantly deliver a decisive blow. Problem solved.]

TOMORROW: Flat broke in Chi-Town

No comments: