Friday, July 12, 2013

Jul 12 - I'm OK, You're OK

Wednesday, July 12, 1972 - Page 194
LOCATION: Bethlehem, South Dakota

5:00 PM
Missed breakfast as usual. We worked on the laying of the cement (We: Me, Tom S., and Brad). The wall beside Storm's is getting started -- working on that are Bruce, Clint, Tom & sometimes me. On forms are Jim & Pearce. Dorothy is out walking around, so her foot is better. John, Greg & Mike were mixing and hauling cement.
Photo of Tom and John in cabin
Tom Hildebrand and John
Gordy left this morning for Minnesota. We had some tourists today, as we did yesterday. I almost caught a chipmunk yesterday, but it was too clever. I'll catch one someday. Yesterday, I learned a squirrel lives in the walls of Storm's. Hmm. I'm reverting to the events of yesterday -- that must mean I'm thru with today. Yes, it must.

9:00 PM
Mike & I spent some time throwing rocks into the Canyon and at nearby trees in the valley. We climbed down the original entrance to the Shrine of the Nativity and went in, walking out by just candle-light. Fr. Gil went to pick somebody up, I think -- Tim Somebody. There are going to be some more people coming up this week. I'm going to start "I'm OK, You're OK" now...
Cover of I'm OK - You're OK
(The photos on these pages were put in on August 18, 1972. But I had them a long time already. Most were taken by Mike Mills, but I'm not sure exactly when.) [From 2013: I've taken the photos that were clustered on these pages and scattered them throughout July]

TOMORROW: Politics & The Democratic Convention

No comments: