Monday, July 22, 2013

Jul 22 - Complicated relationships

Saturday, July 22, 1972 - Page 204
LOCATION: Chicago

(9:30 PM 7/29/1972)
Mark came by in the morning before I was officially awake. He left for a dentist's appointment. I got up at around 10:00 A.M. I continued to translate Michele's letter (result attached in pg. 203 [July 21]), and finished it while sun bathing in the back yard with Sue & Peg. Ken & Mr. washed their cars. Ken & Mr. bought an air conditioner to replace the dead one, so he and I could sleep up there.

Grady sunbathing at the Latka's while petting their dog, Brandy
Peggy at left washing her car
Me, Ken B., Sue & Peg drove to Old Town while Ken L. went to Mark's house to practice (Band practice, that is). Talked with Sue till 11:00 A.M. getting enlightened and straightened out on our relationship. She wasn't too affectionate at Old Town because she's in between three guys: Me, Gil (he's virtually out by now), and Mark. Since she's going steady with Mark, she's gotta be true to him. Before the next week was up she decided she Loves Mark. Typical Lyda Luck -- It's a replay of the Meg fiasco. Blah. ---
Business card for their aspiring
rock band "Phredee Phrogg"
Oh yeah -- Mark came here after practice (Ken wasn't here or with him -- he was with Kathy -- his semi-ex girlfriend). I left the room when Mark arrived. She insisted I return, but I din't -- eventually Peg appeared and force-ably took me into the parlor with Sue & Mark (I knew Mark was hostile, so I wanted to make myself scarce). Sue was unsociable to Mark, and he left in a huff. He's disturbed about me. Jealous, temperamental fellow.

TOMORROW: Visiting Playland amusement park

No comments: