Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mar 16 - Riddles and jokes

Thursday, March 16, 1972 - Page 76
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

8:00 PM
Woke up at 9:00 or so, got up at 10:00 and took a bath. Then I went to school and talked with Mrs. Lyons who suggested I send a story to Ray for his opinion (it seems he has taken many budding writers under his wing). She's going to see "Dandelion Wine" in a day or so. She saw a rehearsal of it so she's got an idea what it's like. My moonscape drawing was on a wall, I noticed.
Mary Lyons, English teacher, Newport Harbor High School 1972
Mary Lyons, English Teacher
The Galleon 1972
[As noted on March 10, I had given my English teacher, Mary Lyons, my pencil & ink drawing of the scene in this poster. It was nice to see she had posted it in her classroom.]
Theatrical release poster by Robert McCall
I proceeded to the lawn and found out that March 25 is the day that Tim's leaving for Germany. Shawna ignored me, and Mary [Bavry] was typically pleasantly obnoxious, in a vulgar sort of way. Bob knew the answer to a couple of riddles I remembered: Why do ducks have big webbed feet? (to stamp out forest fires) & Why do elephants have flat feet? (from stamping out burning ducks). He knows 'em all (Show me an inept plastic surgeon and I'll show you a man who can't keep a straight face). Left school with a big book on prehistory I "borrowed" from the library before lunch. Dad came over to give me $20 for mom, and he took a lamp. I guess he didn't go to work today. I did the dishes. Mom washed some clothes and bought some T.V. dinners. So I ate the only thing I've had all day -- a couple of Meatloaf T.V. dinners & a bowl of cereal. Went thru some old photos of the Lydas and I'll be putting some in this book. Now I'm goin to sleep. 8:11, 15 secs. End.

No comments: