Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mar 10 - A visit to Harbor High*

Friday, March 10, 1972 - Page 70
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

11:30 PM
I gottup today at 11:30 A.M., and got the mail, then quickly left for school to catch Miz Lyons. She was, however, indisposed and she suggested I discuss my career with her Monday. I did manage to give her an addition to her Lyda Archive and Wall Poster Collection (My rendering of a "2001" moonscape). I also asked about any useful information she may possess concerning possible markets. She mentioned some sources of information on the subject, and said she might ask Ray (Bradbury, that is), though he usually doesn't concern himself with such details since he has two agents to take care of all that.
Masses of students at Harbor High
The Galleon 1972
I joined the gang on the lawn. Meg was there, but I hardly noticed her -- likewise on her part. Read Shawna's latest endeavors -- irritated Mary's sense of well-being due to the fact that I had clearly stated I would no longer appear. I assured her that I was not there, and that she had a very lively imagination to suppose that I was -- warped that it is (her imagination, that is). She finally accepted my non-existence, and Timothy read my story that had been inspired by his story. He appreciated the Germanic allusions. After lunch, Tim went to the Beacon room to draw them a cartoon, and Fish came along, having no class to attend. I fooled around in there 'till the period ended, then left.

No comments: