Friday, March 1, 2013

Mar 01 - Just tipsy...

Wednesday, March 1, 1972 - Page 61
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

8:30 PM
Let's see, what'd I do today. I finished the burgandy -- I drank half of it last night, and the rest this morning. But I wasn't drunk, contrary to the previous entry's statements here to fore, nor have I ever been drunk or stoned, in the technical sense of those words. Tipsy, yes. But I've always been in full control of my faculties. On occasion, however, I do tend to be pretentiously dramatic. Constantly, as a matter of fact. This morning B-4 she left for work, mom found out the right front tire was flat -- hmmm. How about that. I got up at 8:00 feeling sorry for myself. Which is, I suppose, dumb. So be it.
Campus crowd at Newport Harbor High
The Galleon 1972
Went to school at noon and Mrs. Lyons gave me a favorable review of "Moira-Quest" and she kept the thing to add to her Lyda Archive. It will pro'ly be valuable someday. I'm getting to think the damned story is going to sell. Am I prepared to enter the ranks of the Professionals? We shall see. Mingled with the crowd for a while (I came primarily to let it be known there are no hard feelings between me and Shaw) (Nobody cares) (Anyway) (Least of all me) (Ha!) -- after lunch I talked to Mary on the curb for an hour or so, watching the wild life go by. I walked home at around 1:30. Sun bathed for an hour and saw Mike Johnson paddling. Drove to Terri's to get my report, then to Tim's to get his story which I'm going to plagiarize -- he's the same old Tim. Tarmland is going to war this weekend. He'll win, of course.

No comments: