Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oct 06 - The guy I'm replacing confronts Mike

Friday, October 6, 1972 - Page 280
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

11:11 PM
Got to work at 9:40, getting the 8:00 A.M. bus from here. Mike was still asleep when I got there. I did my routine work (cleaned the pool, tested the chlorine & acid -- added about a gallon of acid -- checked the heater rooms, etc.) then Mike and I moved some furniture from the storage room in back to room 109 to be sold later ('Twas left over from the previous management). Mike went to change into a T-shirt, and I moved five air-conditioners into the storage room (they were HEAVY -- must've been more than 80 pounds). I was duly exhausted.

The day was quite hot -- was sposed to be 94 according to the radio. Nice fall weather. Worked till 2:45  (I work from 10 to 2, Mon & Fri, 8:30 to 4:30 Tues, Weds & Thurs, I think). Tom went to talk with Mike, and came out later, said "So long" to me and drove away. Mike was going to fire him, but he quit before he got the chance. He was whistling when he left. He was a good fellow. The job's officially mine now.

I made about 43 dollars this week (check comes Tuesdays). The cast of characters there is currently L&M, the maids -- Mary, a chubby good natured young woman with an Irish accent (she works from 9 to 5 I think) and Angela, a young pretty little girl who works from 3 to 5, I think, and lastly, Mark, who works Mons & Tuesdays & Sat, I think. Mom picked me up, I killed (KILLED THAT PEN, TOO.  IT WAS THE BETHLEHEM PEN I WAS USING LATELY. NOW I'M WRITING WITH THE ONE FROM THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL I STOLE)  CONT'D [This entry is finished on the next page: October 7]

TOMORROW: GALLERY: Photos of Chicago

No comments: