Friday, October 11, 2013

Oct 11 - Missed the bus, took a cab home

Wednesday, October 11, 1972 - Page 285
LOCATION: Newport Beach, Santa Ana, Anaheim

11:30 PM
Barely got up at 7:00. Went to work. Drove Mary (the maid) home to get on slacks, drove to the paint store to pick up two five-gallon cans of Nu Navaho Flat White water base paint, then picked up Mary and returned to the Ivanhoe. Did that in the Ivanhoe van. It was easier to drive than I'd assumed. Worked basically on painting. About 3 girls applied for the maid job between 9 & 12. Mike hired the prettiest one. She starts work tomorrow.

Mary was painting frames (mouldings) today. I finished painting some walls. Have to have 3 rooms finished by Fri. morning. Left about 6:15. The RTD bus got me into Santa Ana where I learned the OCTD [Orange County Transit District] bus was thru for the day ('bout 7:00 it was) so I took a cab home. It was a good cab driver so I gave him a $10.00 bill -- the fare was $7 something. I'm running low on dough and I was just paid yesterday. Watched T.V. and ate.

TOMORROW: Something Wicked Comes This Way

No comments: