Friday, October 4, 2013

Oct 04 - Satirical Employment Application***

Wednesday, October 4, 1972 - Page 278
LOCATION: Anaheim & Newport Beach, California
Original 1965 theatrical poster (wikipedia info)

(8:30 PM 10/4/1972)
Worked today after catching a bus at 8:00 and arriving at the Ivanhoe at 10:00. Mike was off at a meeting -- I vacuumed the pool & inspected rooms, among other things. Mom came to pick me up at 5:55 as usual. Chunk came over, said a friend of his was selling a Honda 100 motorcycle for $75, so I can have it.
Then he & me rode on his bike to his place (I called Tim before leaving to see if I should return his chess set, but he said it wasn't necessary), and we played 4 games of chess whilst watching T.V. ("Mister Moses," a Robert Mitchum thing). We won 2 apiece. The last one was dubious and mom came by to pick me up at 10:00 before its completion. She told me Winnie had broken up and was off at college somewhere (Santa Monica or some place like that). I got to sleep too late, after 11:00 sometime.
Incidentally, the "Application for Employment" hereto attached was written whilst I was in room 113 Tuesday. I gave it to L&M and left. Mike read it & laughed so hard he cried. I din't think it was that funny. Had to write another one Wednesday for real.
TOMORROW: Learning the job

No comments: