Thursday, October 3, 2013

Oct 03 - An exhausting 1st day of work**

Tuesday, October 3, 1972 - Page 277
LOCATION: Anaheim & Newport Beach, California

9:48:18 PM
Yeah, Mike said 9:30 A.M., but he rang at 8:30 to wake me up. I finally disconnected my brain & went to sleep at 1:00 or 1:30 [in the AM the previous night], so I was a bit tired. I got out of the room, came to the lobby, and got started. Worked hard on a variety of tasks from a quarter to nine until 4. Lara made me a ham sandwich for lunch.

Mark (a part time employee) & Tom (the incompetent fellow who is getting fired for me) worked on the refurbishing (renovating, actually) of some rooms, and I watered the plants, mowed the lawn, trimmed trees, cleaned up trash, and hosed down the walks among other things. I was tired by the time I was thru, physically & mentally. Mom had overtime so she didn't get around till quarter to 6:00. She was tired too but had to help Laramée balance some bills. So we didn't leave till quarter to 7:00.

Blah, blah, etc. That means more occurred but I won't bother. I pro'ly won't buy the boss's car ('63 Impala), instead I'll pro'ly get Chunk's Suzuki if he can get the electrical pro'lem fixed. Till then I'll be taking the bus in the morning, and driving home with mom after work. There was one beer left from Mom's bridge party, so I just finished it. Now I think I'll retire.

TOMORROW: Satirical Employment Application

No comments: