Monday, July 29, 2013

Jul 29 - Flat broke in Chi-Town

Saturday, July 29, 1972 - Page 211
LOCATION: Chicago
This page shows a building I can't identify
 and a shot of Ken
10:45 PM
I've finally caught up. Ken went to work at 7:00, got back at 10:00 -- he & I drove to Old Town to buy a couple of Frazetta posters (we used up all our money -- the posters cost $2.50 each -- parking cost $1.25 at least -- all we had left for parking was 80¢. He let us go anyway). Drove around, and I used up the rest of my pictures. I'm completely broke -- Ken got a $53.00 check from work. After we got home he went to work, from 2 to 6. I sunbathed and read two stories in the anthology -- Farmer's & Sturgeon's. Peg washed her car. [Photos of me & Peggy from this day appear in the July 22 entry]

Frank Frazetta Posters
Poster: Apparition by Frank Frazetta
Apparition
Poster: Cave Girl by Frank Frazetta
Cave Girl
I stayed home whilst Sue, Ken & Larry went to Mark's for band practice. I stayed home to catch up on the book -- I talked with Peg some more, and I played a Labyrinth game for a while (I mentioned that on 202 [see July 20]) -- tomorrow Ken & Me & Larry & proly Mark & maybe Sue are going to U.S.30 -- that's a drag strip. Oh, goody. Blah. -- Okay, I'm up to date. There is much in the past 10 days which has been left out. So be it.
Photo of Labyrinth game
Labyrinth
11:45 PM
Everyone got back from practice. Ken, Larry & Marcus went to Barnaby's -- Sue came up and talked with me for a half-hour. There she sat in her minnie skirt, and here I lied with my hands to myself. Arrgh! Such restraint. If only she wasn't going with Mark. Rats! Mark stepped on her ruined toe, and burned her wrist with a cigaret. Accidental of course. She should dump the klutz!

TOMORROW: U.S. 30 Dragstrip (with YouTube video)

No comments: