Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sep 03 - Fun & games with Chuck, Murray, Bob, Tim**

Sunday, September 3, 1972 - Page 247
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

2:00 PM
I just woke up. It's raining heavily outside. Just started. take that all you Labor Day vacationers. ---

(2:00 AM 9/4/1972)
Did more work organizing the magazines. At 6:00 Chunk came over on his Norton to take me to his home where Murray was. Played a game of chess with him & won. A guy named Dan came over and Chunk played him on Murray's tiny chess set. He (Chunk) won, while Murray beat me, then Dan played Murray & lost (Dan was supposed to be an extremely good chess player).

Chunk went out and bought a bottle of Pink Chablis, which we gulped. A guy named Pat came over, and I beat him. The Olympics came on at nine, and we watched a bit of that, Chunk beat Murray one game, then Murray & I (after I surreptitiously stole a dollar from Chunk) bought some more P.C. and then drove to Lido to pick up Bob Kirkeby, then we drove to Tim Hourigan's house and got him (around 9:45), then returned to Chunk's home. Whilst watching the Olympics, Tim & I played a few (2) games and he won both (blech) -- Chunk played Bob but I didn't keep track of the games.

Chunk drove Bob home on his Norton. Chunk returned whilst I was playing Hockey with Tim. Then Chunk & I played hockey (Chunk was just about drunk -- I had three full glasses of wine -- but what he had really hit him). We tied, 22 to 22, then I was ahead most of the time. Tim had fun watching all the pieces whirling around.
Wendy & Chuck in San Francisco -- August 1972
Wendy came in at 12:30, and we quit playing hockey. She wanted us to leave, but we stuck around for another hour, joking extensively. Then Murray drove me & Tim home.

TOMORROW: Reading "The Exorcist"

No comments: