Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sep 01 - Ant wars

Friday, September 1, 1972 - Page 245
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California
(12:40 AM 9/2/1972)
Got up around 11:30. Did a bit more organizing. Dad called. He had a day off today. Today's the first time he knew I was back -- he came over at around 5:00. He brought mags & paperbacks. I showed him my bomb (that I got in Abbott's cabin) and my rock collection. He had a date at 6:00 so he left soonly. Mom bought food at a McDonald's so we ate. Mom & I went to the Stadium Theater to see "The New Centurions" & "Play Misty For Me." That's enough ---
I read the book earlier in the year.
Today I got to see the movie.
Premiering in October 1971, Clint Eastwood's first
directorial effort was a disturbing psychological thriller
Oh, no it isn't. We've been infested with ants. I first noticed them yesterday and ignored them. Today there was a solid line of brown stretching from the back door of the trailer to the cat's bowl. After we discovered them, the line became less obtuse, but persisted. After the movie tonight, I took the cat bowl out and emptied it, washed it out (drowning many ants) and put it back for the perplexed little beasts. I imagine they'll be gone soon, not having any more food. Last night they had captured the trash bag, but I removed that from their reach too. Live & let live, but if they don't leave by tomorrow, I'll have to take a more hostile attitude. ---

Here I am again, after the accident on page 243 [August 30]. I was leading up to a mention about my fingertips on my write hand. The blisters from the match burning episodes of a few days ago [August 24] are still with me tho they don't hurt as much. They are fairly black now, and I don't know how much longer they'll be there. The end. ---

Oh -- Fischer won the championship today. That's all. ---
Bobby Fischer in 1972.
See World Chess Championship (wikipedia info)
TOMORROW: Talking with the dead

No comments: