Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sep 05 - An ambitious exercise routine

Tuesday, September 5, 1972 - Page 249
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

1:00 PM
Got up about 12:15. I'm about to go get the mail, and I'm sending the letters to Ms. STEPHANIE LATKA, & SOOZWOTSTY LATKA, plus a request for a copy of Anthropology Today (for a free 15-day examination), and I'm sending out two submissions: The Typewriter, to Witchcraft & Sorcery, and Experifragments to New Orleans Review (the Avant garde poems have a chance, since they've been accepted by Organ, tho they were in the awkward position of being unable to pay me) -- By the way, I went to sleep about 2:30 A.M. last night, getting up to pg. 97 in The Exorcist. ---

2:00 PM
It is cloudy and hot today so I can't get tanned. I got a letter from Greg, and I wrote a part of a reply, but I can't finish it until I get him some Nixon stamps from G. Dot. He really wants some. ---

4:30 PM
I think I'm going to start a routine. During my trips I did no exercise, especially in Chicago, and when I got back to S.D. my magnificent physique was slightly out of tone, and I could see how quickly and disastrously I could get out of shape if I let me. So, starting today, I'm doing 50 jumping jacks, 50 sit ups, 50 toe touches, 50 push ups, and as many pull-ups as I can manage with all that. I'll be doing it every day, and afterwards I take a bath, empty the used water, fill it with water as hot as I can stand it (to open & cleanse the pores), and then fill it with cold water (to close the pores, and aid homeostasis). Since the overall water bill is divided among all the trailers, it doesn't cost lots. ---

11:00 PM
Got a bit more organized. Am now on page 168 in the Exorcist but I'll get farther before I go to sleep. Added some stuff in this book. It is raining right now. Mom's back hurts. ---

1:55 AM
Am now on page 230 in the book. I'm going to sleep. ---

TOMORROW: Coco's Pie à la Mode

No comments: