Saturday, April 13, 2013

Apr 13 - Update on my dead lizard, Liz

Thursday, April 13, 1972 - Page 104
LOCATION: Newport Beach, California

12:30 PM
This morning at 5:55 the clouds broke open and abruptly sent down a powerful shower for a solid fifteen minutes. Tacosumi, soaked to the skin, came in as soon as possible through my window. Liz got a bath -- she looks the same as always. ["Liz" is first mentioned when she was captured by Tacosumi on February 24, and officially named on February 26. She remained on the roof of the cabana that's attached to the mobile home outside Grady's window, serving as an ongoing experiment in decomposition.] I think she's petrified. But now she's cleaner and shinier. By eight o'clock strong winds had blown away the clouds and it's a clear sunny day again, as usual, but too cool to go out. I woke up at 11:40 A.M...

12:13:29 AM
and went to sleep at 8:00 P.M. after listening to Lum & Abner at 7:30, as usual (L&A is a rebroadcast of an original Old Radio Program from way back when). Woke up again 15 minutes and 50 seconds ago, and am now (12:16:06) writing in this book. I made my bedroom beautiful -- vacuumed the place, stuffed garbage into drawers to get it out of the way, rearranged art objects (Dad's Phoenix is now atop my filing cabinet instead of the visible head with the Schwinn Cap which is now among the mess in the attic, and the IDIC and the golden Enterprise are arranged by the window, the skull -- with a now red candle on top -- is on the "window sill," and the Stereo is on my far right now, instead of in the attic, and the second speaker was relocated on top of the Radio/Lamp/Clock shelf, etc.). However, despite the outward appearance of calm, a mild state of chaos still prevails in the drawers. Dad came over -- I now have $20. Mom & I bought Fish 'n Chips. L&M came by. 12:23:15 A.M. FINIS
This is "Dad's Phoenix" sculpture which is mentioned above.
It was created with wire and solder by my artistic father.

No comments: